Saturday, February 12, 2011



I am currently working with pupils from years 3, 4, 5 & 6 to help us develop a strong singing culture at Poplar. I am training the children as “Singing Sherlocks” . This means that they will be able to spread a number of singing games in the playground. They will also be available to visit EY and key stage 1 classes to both perform and teach classes the songs.

We are at an early stage still but I am hoping that by Easter they will have built up a strong repertoire of songs and will be able to lead singing games independently & confidently in the playground.

To begin with I am joining them in the playground every Tuesday lunchtime at 1.00 at the singing stop to help them get established.

The idea for this came from the very inspirational Soo Bishop and I have used the Voices Foundation "65 Songs" as my starting point.

No comments: